Im sixteen with a one year old baby...how should i support her...and where shall i get support from?

Im asking how can i support my daughter at a young age and who can motivate and support me.

marie_johnson97

Asked by marie_johnson97 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• shouldnt you have thought about that before you had your daughter??? and how have you been supporting her up until? ask your mom for help, finish school, go to college, get wic, PA & food stamps. get a job. whatever u have to do.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• You're sixteen and old enough to have a job. Do like everyone else in the world does when they have a child. Just because you're 16 doesn't mean you can't be a good mother. You have to work your butt off to do it but you gotta do what you gotta do for your child, you make sacrifices and just do it.
    Anonymous

• if you are grown up enpugh to have a child then you are grown up enough to support yourself. noone else should have to support you. i had my dd when i was 17 and moed outta my parents house into one of my own, supported myself with my baby's father.we have done it ourselves and quite awesomely actually we own our own buissness now and we are very well off. it can be done.if you take responsibilty for your choice to have a child and not lay the burden on someone else.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 11:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Get a job..
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 11:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• A little harsh there Purpulbutterfly??? She is just asking for some support. I am sure she didn't mean to get pregnant at such a young age.

Marie you need to do whatever it takes to support your child. A good start would be getting a job. I am sure you are still in school and that is very important to finish. Even if you don't graduate you can get a GED. Does the childs father help you at all? If not I strongly suggest that you get child support from him. Good Luck!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• find and tap into your inner strength. let your baby be insperation enough for you to go back to, or stay in school!!! think about what it would take for her to respect you enough to not only do what you say, but also want to follow your footsteps(other than being a teen mom). i got pregnant at 18 and had my first born son at 19, i dropped out of school after comming back from texas when i was 17. and i thought about how could i instil the importance of school if i dropped out!? i got my ged the same month i was due. we can do anything we put our mind to!!! just keep putting your baby first, and think about what you have to do to get the needs met of your blessing. surround yourself with positive, focused people and never mind the bs and drama. its not just you anymore, so you can't think like you would if all you had to worry about is you. is your mom supportive!? if not find a mothering program meant for teens!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I don't want to sound harsh but if you act like you're old enough to take part in adult activities you should be adult enough to take responsibility for your actions

Anonymous

• "I am sure she didn't mean to get pregnant at such a young age. "

Yea but i'm sure she knew what causes pregnancy... :) Alot of people dont "mean" to get pregnant but they still do and then they have to grow up and take care of their responsibilities.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 11:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Honestly, I would get a GED ...when you go to take it, you get a chance to take a test, if you pass it the first time, you dont have to take the classes, but if you do, I dont think they are that long..... and you can get a job..... If you have a good family who is helping you ( which I am guessing since your baby is already a year old ) ...you can do part time, or midnight shift that way your baby isnt always with someone else...but if not, then you should find a full time job...

Definatly get on WIC, and if you and your family qualify, you should get on PA.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Yea but i'm sure she knew what causes pregnancy... :) Alot of people dont "mean" to get pregnant but they still do and then they have to grow up and take care of their responsibilities.

I am not saying that she shouldn't take care of her responsibilities. I don't know where you would get the impression that I thought otherwise. There is always the risk for pregnancy if you are going to have sex. I am just saying that people don't have to be so hard on her. She is just looking for guidance.

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2009