What hair products do you use?

My hair is super long, and thick. It gets extremely dry when I use blow dryers, curling irons, flat irons, basicly any heat. And when I do blow dry it, I look like a bum who hasn't combed their hair in five years. lol, seriously. I just went and bought some stuff that I saw on a commercial, and holy cow, some of those products were outrageous!! Like 30-40 dollars a bottle!! But hopefully the things I got work!! They weren't the most expensive, but they sure were pricey!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Maybe your hair needs protein?.. I use a reconstructing conditioner once a week to keep my hair moisturized and at the same time it adds protein to keep my hair looking healthy. The reconstructing conditioner is the Generic brand for JOICO K-PAK. You can get it at any Sally Beauty Supply Store or Sallybeauty.com It works the same as the Original JOICO K-PAK but the generic brand is cheaper, around $8 dollars. I recommend using it either once a week or once every two weeks becuase TOO MUCH protein can leave your hair brittle. And before you apply the reconstructor, wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo so that all the residue that you already have will be washed away and that gives the recontructor the chance to really penetrate.
    YoursTrulySteph

Answer by YoursTrulySteph at 3:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• matrix si the best for my long, thick hair, but its also pricey at $15 buck a bottle, i don't buy it that often. When i do it works wonders...lol. Usually i buy Garnier Frutis.......shampoo, conditioner and the leave in conditioner for after, works ok for me....lol
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Have you ever thought about getting your hair thined out? I am letting mine grow out and Im gonna have to go get it thined down pretty soon. it works wonders, but if you do it then make sure you find some one good who wont mess your hair up!!
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 9:56 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I only use mane and tail. It has worked wonders on my hair and dont know what Id do with out it. They have a herbal now and I love it! Its only 6.99 a bottle. They have other hair products as well and I say its worth giving a try!!
    nini0315

Answer by nini0315 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2009