Alone time

Do you and your hubby ever get alone time, away from the kids? how often? What do you do? spend time at home, or go out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• We do at least once a month, sometimes more. We usually go out, but sometimes we stay in and watch a movie....just depends! :)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Nope, not usually. We've been married 14 years and our son is 14 years old. Kind of wish we did when we were younger, but at the time I was working 2nd shift and he was working days. When my DH and I use the term alone time, we usually mean time by ourselves even without each other. Like when he goes to bed early and I am the only person awake in the house. Or when I take our kids and go do something fun and he has time to relax.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 11:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• ALWAYS!!!!   I believe that it is very important because it keeps the intimacy alive even if you are doing nothing more than watching TV together.

When our kids were young, we put them to bed early and spent our evenings together usually just watching TV or a movie.  Our kids are teenagers now so we can just get up and go.  We usually go for walks or for rides on my dh's motorcycle in the summer.  We also go out a lot on weekends to clubs or parties or with friends. 

Once the kids starting getting older, my dh and I didn't want to be sitting around in the empty nest thing "what now?"  So we starting building up a social life again and re-connecting.  It has been a lot of fun.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:13 AM on Nov. 3, 2009