have you ever heard...

of using a pinky with Baby wash on it to help a BF baby poop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, but my BF daughter had problems pooping and the doctor told me to use a disposable glove and vaseline and just to put my pinkie in there a little was just to help open her up so she could go. But she had a problem where her anus was too tight and I had to stretch it by doing that. I would use baby suppositories and just stick them in a little way. You don't have to put them in all the way and that should help her go. Referring to the soap my mom told me that they used you have to use slivers of soap as suppositories. But I have never tried it. I just think it would burn!

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Guilty of this one. My DD didnt poop going on 7 days, I put vaseline on a Q-tip and just barely inserted it into her anus. It didnt do anything. So I put a teaspoon of sugar into 4oz of water in a bottle and let her drink an ounce. Oh man, watch out. That day, she pooped all the way up to her neck. It happens fast. Be prepared! O.O
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 12:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• no... but wouldn't you want to talk to the ped before you started putting foreign objects into your child's rectum? There could be a blockage or some other reason they're not having bowel movements.
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 1:56 AM on Nov. 3, 2009