Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

high school drop out (I need help. bad.)

What do I do ladies? My self esteem is the lowest it could possibly ever be. I've been trying online school with VCS ohio, for the past year, but I have always struggled in school. I'm 18 and haven't even passed the 10th grade yet. But my computer was having problems, so I sent it to the school to get worked on, and when I didn't hear from them in a month, I called and they said they took me out of their system, so I was really depressed, so I just said f**k it, and I quit, but now I realize there's nothing I can do with my life, and I can't just mooch off my husband for the rest of our lives. We have a 1 1/2 year old, and he deserves more than what I can give him. I just really don't know what to do.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in

This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • Well I dont really know your financial situation so this is only a thought, but If your husband has a good enough job that you don't have to work then I say don't! your child needs mommy home more than he needs a babysitter! However if that is not the case then you could try your local high school. Most of them offer a night school program that gives you your high school diploma. Maybe check into that and see what that has to offer you! Good luck dear and keep your head up! Remember you are constantly setting an example for your precious little one!!

    Hope everything works out for you!

    Answer by 21_momof3 at 12:06 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

  • You can definitely do it! You're much more articulate then most of the women on here and they some how managed to graduate (or so they claim).

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

  • i go to contential academy online and do schooling it is legit and very easy if u do decide to do it let me know and i will show u some pointers on what to do ok good luck

    Answer by firstimemomm603 at 1:38 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

  • Go to a community college and get a GED

    Answer by rkoloms at 11:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

  • Go to a local community college and get a GED or HSED. You can take a few prep classes and then take the test.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

  • Before you try all of that, have you thought about being tested for learning disabilities? If you have always struggled in school, it most likely isn't because you are "unteachable" but there sounds to me like there is really an issue. As for the school, I would have been super ticked off and made them reinstate me, etc. As much as we would all like to believe that a husband with a good paying job makes things perfect, the fact is fairy tales can end. If your DH passes away suddenly at a young age, you will need to support yourself and your child.

    Answer by Lesli at 9:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

  • Whoa! Wait they took your computer to be fixed and then just dropped you? I would have that looked into for one. That seems very odd.

    Now, go talk to the doctor and see if you have a learning disability. DO NOT FEEL ASHAMED! After they test you go from there. If you have an LD still go to school, they will help you.

    After you figure it out with the LD, go to your local community college and sign up for the GED program. There's a Mom's in School Group on here and we'd be more than glad to help you :-)

    Answer by OneToughMami at 1:38 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

  • you are in ohio --- look at odela.... they are better than that other company .... they wont leave you stranded for a month and then take you out of the system.... good luck

    Answer by AmaliaD at 7:47 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

  • have you considered a GED? Try not to beat yourself up because life happens make the best with what you have. I

    Answer by hill2 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • I dropped out after 10th grade due to family issues and at 19 I finally got my GED and now I am in a FT Medical Radiography program....I am 31! LOL Take it one step at a time. I understand the need to want that diploma.

    Answer by hill2 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 7, 2009