i have a 17 month old lil boy who demands all my attention, the thing is i love him to death , the thing i feel myself not taking careing of myself my personal needs are not being met and i feel like all i do is take care of him see after himand make sure he does'nt want for anything, i'm there fro every lil moan, ache, cry, laugh, fall, etc. but my question is is it wrong for me to want other things and to want some me time and relax by myself without him? i'm so overwhelmed.

dorey13

Asked by dorey13 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i am going through the same exact thing right now with my 13 month old. i love him but he drives me crazy sometimes, he is alkways climbing up my leg or yelling to get my attention and then when i try to play or hold him he just squirms around or hits me with his toys. i feel alot of pressure to make sure i give him enough attention because he acts so deprived of it even though hes not. lately i have been feeling so overwhelemed with him. i feel bad because i get grumpy and snap and its not his fault but i cant help it! hopefully its a phase and thing will get better. good luck.
    maranda1389

Answer by maranda1389 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• That sounds normal...but you should probably get out of the house every once in awhile! Give him to a sitter and go out with the girls!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:01 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with you wanting time for yourself! That is very normal. We all need time to ourselves, it makes you a better parent in the long run. You need that time to recharge. Don't feel guilty!!!!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• all normal! go get a pedicure it is some nice "me" time and you will feel much better! or a haircut or tanning! something to get some alone time! :)
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2009