Fun debate between hubby and I - whats your opinion on it?

So last night hubby and I were talking as we were taking a drive through Hollywood, we saw a couple prostitutes which is the complete norm. We started talking about how they sell their body to make a living yada yada yada. Anyways so I asked him if he thought topless dancers/strippers sell their bodies for money?

His argument : Topless dancers/strippers do not sell their bodies for money, people who watch them have the choice to tip them if they want to or not unlike a prostitute whom you have to pay for to get sex - therefore they are not selling their bodies because tipping is optional.

My argument : Topless dancers/strippers do sell their bodies for money. You walk into a nightclub you don't tip people who are out on the dancefloor dancing, but yet people who take their clothes off and give lap dances get tipped - therefore selling their body for money.

What is your opinion of the matter - this is just for fun

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 12:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, they're not there for fun . . . they're there to make $$$$, so they are taking their clothes off for money.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:13 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• topless dancers make money. The people that go in there pay their salary by being customers in the business giving the owner money to pay the dancers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• they both are... although neither group like it being said in that manner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I agree with you. They sell their bodies for money. If they weren't they'd be serving drinks for tips instead of exposing their bodies.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Thanks for the opinions ladies :-)
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Yeah I agree with you...they are selling themself in a way, they are showing off their nudity and dancing provocatively, arousing the male genitals (just like a prostitute). There is a fine line between a lap dance and a hand job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Well another thought to ponder, if they aren't selling their bodies for money, then what is it they are selling?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• anon 10:30 very good thought, he doesn't think it's the body selling because there is no physical contact like there would be with a prostitute. So unlike me he thinks people just tip just because where as I believe differently.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:36 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• They are selling their bodies to look at, as prostitutes are selling their bodies for sex. Make sense? They both are, just in different ways.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:08 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• LOL JAJA You crack me up girl !!!
    That sounds like a debate Trey and I would have LOL
    I think they do sell tehir bodies for money weither or not they make money is their problem LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2009