I am a nursing student and this Wednesday I am doing a teaching presentation to 3 and 4 year olds at a day care. Anyone have any suggestion? Teeth brushing to a song has already been done and we were told not to do handwashing. Thanks ahead of time.... Desa

dazzledew

Asked by dazzledew at 12:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Health

• Using a tissue, coughing into the arm type stuff?? No nose picking, keep your finger out of your eyes?? Just a few ideas!!! I know these are things I harp on my 3yr old about!! Good luck!! ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• How about fire safety? The daycare I used to take my kids would teach about stop drop and roll and what to do if there is a fire. Also you can educate them on what a fireman looks like with all the gear on just in case there is a fire and have to be rescued because sometimes kids are afraid of them with the mask and all. My 3 year old loved it! You could even show alittle movie about fire trucks or something
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 1:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Don't share your hairbrush! Sing "where is my hairbrush" by veggie tales! Talk to the kids about hygiene (NOT LICE) It could scare them. Talk about being presentable and nail cutting ect.
    Manners ect are a good thing also. Lay the foundation for not bullying. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Maybe nutrition? Talk about how our bodies needs fuel like a car to run and grow, so drink all your milk and eat your veggies?

Perhaps you could even just let them play with some equipment (stethescope, blood pressure cuff), and go over what health workers do in general to ease doctor/nurse fear.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 6:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2009