Arrgh why do I feel this way?

My bf and I have a long distance relationship. When we are together, I feel like he is EVERYTHING that I ever want and neeeeed. When he is gone, I feel like we are so far apart..we dont talk as much, we say i love you and i miss you like crazy to the point where its "just another thing". Idk. We have so many obstacles between us thats why we aren't physically together right now. He's been away for over a year. We see each other every 3 to 4 months. Weve been together for over 2 years. I hate that I feel this way sometimes...where I am longing for someone HERE to be with me, I'm wondering what if...but at the same time i KNOW that there isnt anyone better than him. Like, I dont even think I would have the courage to break up with him. I love him so much. When we are together. everything is wonderful...when we are apart. reality kicks in. Why do I feel this way? Has anyone gone thru anything similar and things work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• You feel this way because you love him and miss him so much. Take a chance, run to where he is! I dont know why he has to be away from you, but take charge! Then if it works out it was meant to be, if not then at least you know it was never going to happen. Life is too short to let something so good slip away. My great grandmother left her home town of south africa, travelled for 3 weeks on a cramped ship to london to find her love and make him hers (he was a solider).
    Follow your man and make him yours!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• you must have future plans on being together don't you? If not, make some. Set a date you will move in together and figure out where that will be, then work towards that goal.
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 2:57 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• This could be your subconcious way of making it less painful for you. I highly suggest finding a support group to talk to. Its easier to deal with things when you dont have to do it alone.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I was in a long distance relationship with a man who lived in England (I lived in Canada at the time).  This was in 1986 so there was no such thing as e-mail or texting.  The only way we could communicate was by phone (which was expensive) or by snail mail.  Try writing letters to him.  You can say so much more in a letter than you can in a text message and it's a really great way of getting to know someone.  I still have all the letters he sent me.

I moved to England to be with my lover and I married him 2 years later.  We have now been happily married for 21 years, have two beautiful daughters together and now live back in Canada.

Long distant relationships can work out but ultimately someone has to re-locate.

I know you miss him, but the time apart makes the time together all the more precious!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2009