Implantation?

I recently had my IUD taken out because DH and I were going to TTC starting in April 2010, and I wanted to get my body back on a normal cycle. A few days later I had what I thought was a period, but it only lasted 3 days, and was very mild the 1st and 3rd day, and heavy the 2nd day. Halloween night we weren't careful, and didn't use a condom. This evening I noticed that I had some spotting - could this be implantation spotting?

Meggin_Linquist

Asked by Meggin_Linquist at 1:06 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It's highly unlikely that it is implantation bleeding as implantation usually occurs around days 5-8 after fertilization. This is way to early for implantation. When I had my IUD out, I had light spotting quite often for the first 3 months after it was removed and my periods were a lot shorter and lighter for the first 3 months as well. Wait a week or two and try a home pregnancy test if you still don't have another period. My doctor also recommended using protection for the first 3 months after removal to give the uterus time to heal. Good luck with TTC!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• When was your last period? I agree with PP that it is after. And did you have sex while on your period cause I GOT pregnant with DD while I was on my period
    Anonymous

• Well I had the IUD taken out on a Monday, and we had sex the Saturday night before. I've been reading that the sperm can still be present, and that you could get pregnant because of that. I didn't have a period for October. I had a 3 day period 2 days after the IUD was removed, and then a few days after that had the spotting.
    Meggin_Linquist

Answer by Meggin_Linquist at 8:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Also, we had sex w/o a condom a few days before the spotting started.
    Meggin_Linquist

Answer by Meggin_Linquist at 8:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2009