fakers

I just figured out that a mom from this site is a complete faker. Everything she has posted has been a lie. She said she was stuck in an abusive relationship and had no money, it was a really sad story - people sent her care packages and everything.
I have just found out that everything she said was a lie.
Does this happen often on here - people making stuff up about there lives thats just not true for attention - or for what ever reason?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in About CafeMom

• This isnt the first time I have heard of something like this on here or any other social network site. It happens people will con you on the internet as well as in everyday life you just have to be careful and watch what information you give out.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I don't know about that. I just posted a question about my health and I want to say, I am not faking. I know you don't have to listen or anything, but please don't bash me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• op here - I would never bash someone looking for help. That is what this site it for. I was just really taken aback when I found out that this person was a complete lier and still trying to get people to help her even though there was, in reality, nothing wrong with her or her situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Haven't heard of that but doesn't surprise me... sad that people were taken advantage of! How do you know it was all fake and that people sent her stuff?
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:03 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• no surprise, and i often read journals and think the same thing. especially when a mom posts medically related issues with children that are just impossible. i always think, the beyotch is looking for money or sympathy or is just plain bored and off her meds today.
    don't send anyone money, or gift cards, or birthday cards of any sort i would say, and be leary of the women who continually have major life problems.
    like the car breaks down on monday, grandma dies on tuesday, job loss on wednesday, the dog dies on thursday, she breaks a leg on friday, the garage burns down on saturday....you get the picture.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:08 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I hope these are not all fake stories. I don't know why a person would want to lie a story like that' unless she was bored and needed something to talk about and the only exciting thing she could think of was a made up story.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Wow....if that is true....what a scam...i hate it when people take advantage of the trust and goodness of others....karma...what goes aroun comes around!
    Danickasmom

Answer by Danickasmom at 9:48 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Yes it does happen a lot there is no way I would send anyone anything on this site asking for help.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2009