Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

well i have a 9 year old daughter and her father is in the army and wont pay his child support what should i do?

Answer Question

Asked by dimples0605 at 1:17 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (13)
  • contact the military, they'll take care of it for you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

  • Yes have him garnished! You should get a nice amout too!

    Answer by stickyfingers at 1:21 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

  • yep. it sounds like you might know where he is stationed? them up and let them know what's going on. He has a good chance of not only having his wages garnished but also getting in trouble!

    Answer by outstandingLove at 1:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

  • Contact the child support office; they may be a screw-up in their end.

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

  • I agree with Anon. 1:19. Contact the miltary, he has no choice if he want to pay or not. They'll make him pay.

    Answer by kirstensmommie at 6:59 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

  • Do you have a child support order??? If you dont you need to get one. If you do all you have to do is call whatever branch he is in and send them a copy and they just take it out. The military does not play games on child support at all.

    Answer by Sandyr911 at 7:13 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

  • find out his unit and what base he's stationed at. Give the ole base a call, they track him down, he gets into trouble you get your money.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

  • Find out the base he's on, and his unit, and contact his first shirt. he's in trouble.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

  • You can contact JAG if you know where he's stationed. They can give you some legal advice, and if you know his unit, call his 1st sargeant and tell him what's going on.

    Answer by tnm786 at 8:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

  • Contact his first Sergent.

    Answer by cfdm3s_mommy at 8:21 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.