When do babies start sleeping through the night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Anywhere from 3mos and on.
    KristenLee

Answer by KristenLee at 6:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• depends on the baby...my first daughter didnt till almost four months...my second did at two months.....ive heard of people haveing a child not sleep through the night till six months...and i have a coworker whos son has NEVER slept completely through the night and hes now almost three i believe...you cant predict children...lol
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My son did it at about 2 and a half months. He eats at 8pm is in bed my at least 9 and dosnt wake up till 8am the next day. He will even stay passed out when i pick him up to change him durring the night so he dosnt pee all over the bed. My son is 5 months now....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• my son started at 2 1/2 months. but since has gone through phases of waking up in the night fussing. sometimes 2-3 times. he's currently in one right now, he's 11 1/2 mos. it just takes a binky and a few pats on his butt and he's back fast asleep.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 7:14 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My son didn't sleep through the night until he was almost a year old. He was a hungry lil guy. What did the trick was when he started eating a good portion of solids as well as breastfeeding. Of course, you don't want to start the solids too early because it can predispose them to allergies. I looked at it this way: I would rather be bleary eyed and sleep deprived than have him suffer allergies down the road.
    I sincerely disliked anybody who proudly proclaimed their infant slept through the night at 2-3 months. LOL
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:44 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My first did at 2 1/2 months, my third did at 3 weeks. My second on the other hand will be two in December and he has never slept through the night. He is up two or three times a night just because. I have heard sometimes that two years old is the magic number so I am hoping that is the case with him. But I also now think that it may have to do with their personality. My 1st and 3rd are really laid back and calm. My 2nd has to know what is going on and what everyone is doing, he never stops moving.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• my son started sleepin 8 hrs straight 11 to 7 at 2 months, now at 6 months he sleeps 8-7 but the time change screwed him up he got up at 3 am last night
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 8:24 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• When they get good and ready....not what you want to hear im sure, but its going to be the best answer you get! Every baby is different and you cant force a baby to sleep the hours you want them to sleep, it just doesnt work that way.
    I co slept with my 1st and now with my 3rd child and ive breastfed them all and only my 2nd was a good sleeper and he didnt start sleeping well until about 4 or 5 months, and he would still need to be nursed to sleep till he was over a year old.
    Good luck, just remember they are only babies for but a short time, this will pass and you will look back on it fondly, I know it doesnt seem like it now when your not getting any sleep, trust me, im not getting the greatest sleep right now with my 13 month old who wants to wake up several times a night to nurse, but its just the season in life we are in, soon, it will be other more serious issues to deal with, like teenage life, YIKES!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 8:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• my daughter is 6 weeks and sleeping 6 hours, but my boys it took them 4 months i think
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:37 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• depends on the child, i know children that slept through the night from birth on. My kids were sleeping through the night at 6 weeks
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2009