What do you think is the focus of Planned Parenthood?

Planned Parenthood Director Leaves, Has Change of Heart.

According to Johnson, the non-profit was struggling under the weight of a tough economy, and changing it’s business model from one that pushed prevention, to one that focused on abortion.
“It seemed like maybe that’s not what a lot of people were believing any more because that’s not where the money was. The money wasn’t in family planning, the money wasn’t in prevention, the money was in abortion and so I had a problem with that,” said Johnson.
Johnson said she was told to bring in more women who wanted abortions, something the Episcopalian church goer recently became convicted about.

What's your overall opinion of PP?
http://www.kbtx.com/local/headlines/68441827.html

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 6:14 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The purpose of planned parenthood is POPULATION CONTROL. I whole-heartedly believe this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Regardless of any tawdry history PP has, they are still doing a service to poor women everywhere. When I was 18, working 2 full time jobs and in college, I got my BC from there for practically nothing. Had I not had that, there could have been an accident somewhere along the way. Thankfully there wasn't.
    As a business, why wouldn't they pursue what makes them the most capital? May make them unethical in your eyes, but to business people everywhere, it makes them smart and able to stay afloat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Abortion saves money in the long run, less welfare mothers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• When I was 18, working 2 full time jobs and in college, I got my BC from there for practically nothing. Had I not had that, there could have been an accident somewhere along the way. Thankfully there wasn't.

how did you have the time to make a potential mistake?  do you realize the odds of getting prego when you are that busy?  i call shenanigans about working 2 ft jobs and going to college! lolol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I am not sure about them now, but a few years ago I lost my job (with the best insurance), had a 4 year old and a newborn. My husband's insurance would not cover any form of BC....Viagra yes, but not BC, Go figure! (man run company of course) I was very reluctant to go to PP, but I went in with my OB's prescription for BC and they filled it for a very small fee. I went in for the rest of the year until my husband's insurance changed and I could get it through them. I live near a college town and that is mostly who I saw there...college girls who can't transfer their medical records here, because it is temporary, but at least they are able to get "woman care" while away from home...and they are being responsible. I do not agree with abortion, I am only me, I am not in another woman's shoes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i hate planned parenthood. their focus is on decreasing the population in any way possible.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I agree fluud7, but with one word added:

i hate planned parenthood. their focus is PROFITING from decreasing the population in any way possible.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:05 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• The focus of Planned Parenthood is Women! I found out I was pregnant with my oldest child when I was 18. I was scared out of my mind and had to idea where to turn. I went to PP and they confirmed my pregnancy and gave me a list of doctors and midwives in the area. They were so kind and help me realize that everything would be okay. Never once was abortion mentioned.

Then, a few years later, I lost my job. DH and I were in the process of TTC. We had to stop and I went to PP to get low cost BC.

I have never had an abortion and I am 99.9% sure I never will. However, PP has been there when I needed them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• how did you have the time to make a potential mistake? do you realize the odds of getting prego when you are that busy? i call shenanigans about working 2 ft jobs and going to college! lolol

Hmmm...considering sex takes about 10 minutes, there is plenty of time for shenanigans. It is possible to work two full time jobs and go to college. It's not easy, but it can be done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2009