what to do about baby rash that won't go away?

bangoman

Asked by bangoman at 6:17 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• go to the dr. It may need an antibiotic ointment. My dd had a rash that turned out to be a sllight yeast infection
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• How long has it been there? With my son i had to lay him down with no diaper on for a few hours and he was fine. But like the previous poster said your little one might need the antibiotic ointment. Hope it goes away soon...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• You can buy some lotrimin for a yeast infection. It looks raised and splotchy red. Keep the area as dry as you possible can and get the lotrimin. It will go away.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 7:14 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• is it a diaper rash..or skin rash on body...because if its body it might be an exema ....if not doc will give you good cream to take care of it...and also i found that if it is a diaper rash...i put lots of balmex ie. on it...then powder on top..it keeps the cream on and takes away rash pretty quickly like within a couple changes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Take um to the doctor for one. My little one had a rash caused by the wrong brand of wipes.. we only used them three days... and the rash would not go away! They had to give us special cream, to use every other diaper change, desitine being used on the other one. And also, they gave the advice of keeping the diaper open every chance you get..

it could be yeast, and yeast thrives on damp dark places, making a closed diaper the perfect place..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Try A&D ointment it is a thriple antibiotic ointment I used it all the time. It keeps rashes away especially when they are sick and have really acidy poop or pee. Cut back any juice or water it down to keep it from being really acidy. But A&D or neosporin. They are both awesome and help clear up rashes. I also did the bath and leave diaper off for a little while off and on during day.Good Luck
    MarthaCrocker

Answer by MarthaCrocker at 8:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My daughter had a bad rash and we had to go to the doctor and they prescribed steriods for her, but they didn't work!
    My parents put destin the diaper rash ointment all over her, and it was cleared in a few hours! I was suprised..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Nov. 3, 2009