Birth control?...

Has anyone on here used implanon? Its a birth control that lasts 3 years and it goes under your arm. Im wondering how well it has worked for people who use it and if you have had any bad side effects. I wanted to get an IUD but i am not able to because i have ovarian cysts. And i never remember to take pills.

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 6:48 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i never had one but i did get the depo shot every 3 months and the doc office called to remind me an app was coming up..i never rememberd the pill..but depo for me was great no side affects and i never really recived a period ( which i loved ) and never had to worry about getting pregnant me and dh loved that. i did get the shot just above the butt cheek and that spot was sore for the night but nothing big. if anything ask your doc what they recomend and ask insurence if they cover it ( any bc ) good luck wish i couldve helped u better..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I've heard of it..and REALLY considered it.

I don't know...for me, the implants, I'm just not comfortable with them...just not for me. sorry I don't have any actualy experience or advice to give you. :(

but I was on the pill (Yaz) and I just set my phone alarm to go off at the same time everyday (at night since I was always usually home at that time) and it helped me remember just fine.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 7:06 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My aunty had it and she hated it. She said she got all these bad side effects. I wouldnt get it. what about nuvaring?
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 7:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• DEF dont go with the IUD.....a friend just had to have hers removed because it cut through her uterus to the outside! They had to surgically remove it and she has been in alot of pain.

I dont recommend Depo shots either....they made me feel like CRAP for over a month after i got them.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 7:48 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• This isnt the depo shot. It gets placed in your arm. Its a smal thin tube.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:21 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i heard it can get knocked out of place easily
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• depo sucks...i never bled, never got preg, but now that i'm not taking it i have'nt gotten my period back...my back and hips kill me, and my hair sheds like crazy.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2009