what kind of vitamin do you give to your infant?

my son, who is 9 months now, was taking poly-vi-sol from birth -4months. he ran out so i never went and bought another bottle, plus my ped. said he could stop having it @ 5 months. now that it's flu/cold season i want to start him back on vitamins again.

smb87

Asked by smb87 at 8:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I stayed on the poly...until she was big enough to chew the flinstones vitamins.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:24 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• The poly is great, I would stay on it as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My son just takes the trivisol, mostly for vit D - but he has a very varied diet with tons of fruits and vegs, so I don't worry about it much

Answer by missanc at 8:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• dd ws on the poly but only when sick. If he's eating well and plenty of forumula or breastmilk, he may not need it. Maybe ask the doc about vitamins tht will boost the immune system? He may have something more trageted to that in mind for your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• The immune system is best boosted by a balanced diet, lots of antioxidants and healthy sun exposure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• The only vitamin I gave children of that age was breastmilk. I know that's going to set some people off, I'm really not bashing or being a b*tch. But breastmilk has everything the infant needs, plain and simple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Don't know, mine have never been on one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Poly until he could chew the chewable vitamins.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2009