Kicking..

I'm 25 weeks, I can feel my baby kick but it doesnt seem as often as it was a few weeks ago, is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I always get worried myself. My doctor told me as long as I feel him move every day. Like someone else posted, as the baby gets bigger, there is less room. If you get worried, drink a ice cold glass of water and then lay down on your back and see if he or she moves. Good luck!
    heatherb8924

Answer by heatherb8924 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Growing baby=less room...so instead of direct kicks, you may notice more 'stretching' of the baby rather than kicking...also you will notice that the more active you are, the less active baby is since you are rocking him/her to sleep...when you settle down and baby wakes back up, you should notice his activity increasing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• While the first post is correct, 25 weeks is super early for the baby to already slow down. The slowing doesn't usually happen until week 33 or so. I'd bring it up to your doctor.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:08 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• TBH your baby isnt supposed to have its kicks counted until 27 weeks. so if you go even a day or 2 not feeling baby move at all your doctor will tell you to just wait...keep in mind some women dont feel their baby move until 25 weeks

just relax...if he's moving the same thats good, eventualy you will feel him or her kicking very hard everywhere, rib cage, bladder, all of those great places ;)
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:20 AM on Nov. 3, 2009