When to stay inside for asthma?

My son is a preemie who has lung issues which causes asthma. He mostly has issues in the winter. I don't want him going outside when its cold what temp should I tell them to keep him in.

Ianmommy4

Asked by Ianmommy4 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I had childhood asthma. Its the worse when it is hot out and durring the spring and fall with all the alergies. The polon is what can make it real hard. The cold is not bad but with his lung problems he will get a cold eaiser that can easly become bronchitus or namonia. So you have to be careful with him getting sick. But you can keep him inside all the time either. Just tell them that they need to keep an eye on him with his breathing. If he looks like he is having a hard time they should bring him inside and sit him down for a bit. And if it does not get better to call you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Here are my thoughts , since I have Asthmatic children as well. I tend to keep my children in when it is colder . I think the schools let them go out as long as it is 30 degress out and no less. so , if you know that your child will have bronchial spasms due to the cold , I would definately tell them to let them have recess inside while it is cold out. The other thing you can do if you do want your child to be able to paricipate is to train him to wear a scarf around his mouth and nose , this will make the air less cold on him and reduce the chances of an asthma attack . I have done this for my children in winter when they need to play outside with their friends and cannot take being cooped up any longer ! It is important that the scarf stays put though , or it will not work . Those are the conditions that my kids have to deal with or they do not go out !
    MommedForces

Answer by MommedForces at 9:37 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• At what temperature is his triggered? THAT is what you have to know. You have to know his triggers and when to avoid or what to do to lessen the triggers. There is no reason unless it's extreme that he should have to be any different than any other kid.

I have three with asthma and I do as well.
    Anonymous