What is the most appalling movie you've ever seen?

for me it was definitely "Kids". Sooooo horrendous and disgusting. Like a complete wake-up call for parents.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Entertainment

• Both "the hills have eyes" the rape scenes...I still can't get them out of my head...Wish I'd never seen these movies.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I avoid movies that I know are upsetting or scary. I guess the most appalling that I've seen was Old Yeller. It just shouldn't have had the poor animal die- it was supposed to be a childrens' movie after all. The deliberate sad part to drag emotions from the children was wrong.

I saw part of a porn film once (left after a half hour) but I wouldn't call it appalling, more stupid.

Another one that struck me as appalling was Planet of the Apes. I was so shocked and upset by the ending. Yeah I know it was just a movie, but I was appalled.

Answer by Bmat at 9:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I cannot watch movies like the first poster talked about- I can't, I wouldn't be able to sleep.
    presleyfan1

Answer by presleyfan1 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Any of the Hostles... They were just one way after another on how to cut people up... No real plot, just gore. I mean, I can take gore when there is a reason for it, but there was just no plot - that killed the movie! I wasn't a big fan of the SAW series after the first one either. The first one was good - after that it was just another how to cut people up movie...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:56 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Anything to gory or torture scenes.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• House of 1,000 Corpses! It was the most disturbing movie I've ever seen. Also, The Last House on the Left had the most traumatizing rape scene I've ever seen. Ugh, I could've lived the rest of my life not having seen that part...
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• kenzie, thanks for the info..I was wanting to watch that movie. Now, I won't be seeing it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Wow. And Gosh. I didn't even know there were such movies as the others are posting about. They are appalling for sure. I am appalled just reading the descriptions. Why would producers make this kind of movie. :(

Answer by Bmat at 10:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I have to say the Passion of the Christ.... seriously, while I found it worth while (my Dh went and saw it during Lent the year it came out) I will *never* again watch it.

My DH took me to see House of 1,000 Corpses back when it was in theaters too. It was seriously stupid and gross.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• You're welcome Jademom... It was terrible! And LONG, so ya can't just close your eyes and ears for a minute, it goes on forever! Horrifying.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 3, 2009