What is a good wife?

What does being a good wife mean to you?
DH and I got in an argument today. He has been chatting. I hate it, I tell him all the time it in unacceptable. I don't care if his friends wives let them, I did not marry them, I married him and I don't like chatting.
Well, we got in an argument about something completly unrelated today and before he left he said if he had a good wife, he wouldn't have to chat with girls online.
What is a good wife? What does a good wife do in your opinion? Because I think I am a damn good wife and mom!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• What is a good husband? Sounds like he needs to re-think things and look at himself before looking at you.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 10:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• imo... his chatting is cheating. emotional affairs are still affairs! he needs to work on being a good husband. how would he feel if you were the one doing the chatting?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• "Well, we got in an argument about something completly unrelated today and before he left he said if he had a good wife, he wouldn't have to chat with girls online"

This will not answer your question but it sounds like he knows he is guilty and is delflecting it onto you and trying to make you out to be the bad guy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• You should have said you need a good Hubby. One that respects you and doesn't take you for granted. You need to step back and take a good look at your marriage and find out why you aren't happy.
    To me being a "good wife" means having a "good hubby". You treat each other with equal respect and put each other first in every situation. My hubby made an agreement a long time ago, even when we're alone, it's as if the other is with us no matter what we're doing. Keep that in mind and it will put everything into perspective. At least that's what we do. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:06 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• he has issues not you,proverbs 31
    newlife.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• The problem isn't his "chatting" it's a symptom, find the real problem
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• A good wife- she loves her husband as much as herself. She makes him happy to come home, happy to be home. He is the king of the castle.

But about the chatting. If it makes you unhappy, because he loves you he should not do it. He needs to be a good husband to you, and your happiness should be important to him. How about if you compromise and let him chat, but ONLY when you are sitting next to him.

Answer by Bmat at 10:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• need to be a good hubby*
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Ok.. first of ALL, sweet PEA.. he feels guilty so he is problem taking all the blame and anger inside all out on you. now we dont know exactly what happens in your household. but chatting is unacceptable thats just isnt rite and he knows it. i dont care what u do he shouldnt b chatting with anyone but his family. and friends.
    my def of a GOOD WIfe= would be... One who makes sure the house is clean, im a bit OCD so squeaky clean in my terms. make sure when he comes home from work he is happy and have a hot meal ready for him if u arent at work...be loving, affectionate towards him when yall have time off from work and are together. kiss him when he least expects it.. tell him you love him at times hes upset and just give him a smile and say i love you. hug him when he gets home from work. and just simply say honey you dont need to chat you have me and with a smile dont b upset. bc thats what hes expecting :)
    Butterflyluvn88

Answer by Butterflyluvn88 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• This is OP:
    I know he needs to change, I don't need to be told that! He is a shitty husband right now.
    I just asked for what everyone else thinks is a good wife. Thank you Bmat for answering the question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Nov. 3, 2009