Those in direct sales...

I am just starting to sell lia sophia, what is your best methods of booking parties? I am new to direct sales and need some help...

Mom2RyanAly

Asked by Mom2RyanAly at 10:08 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well, I'm not a fan of parties. Look for Vendor shows! Those will get you a much greater sale total! Of course they also cost to get involved with, but you'll usually make your money back twice!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I think the traditional ways to get parties though are simply through self promotion. Flyers, postcards and word of mouth. Make up some business cards that have the party info on the back and never leave home without them. Then every time you are out of the house and see another woman, give her one. She doesn't have to be someone you know, just another mom, a server or just someone you see looking at cereal. I usually just walk up to someone and make a comment about something in their basket... Since I sell tea, if I see tea or coffee or goodies, I ask their opinion on the brand they have. Something like "I have been wanting to try that, is it good?" and once they answer I say something like "I am always hesitant to try that stuff because I'm not sure if it will match what I sell. Then I'd feel cheated. If you like stuff like that you should see my website." And give her a card. That's it, no sales pitch. cont...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:28 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• If your card has the party info on it, you could easily slip in something like, "If you like what you see on the site, give me a call. I will give you huge discounts or free products if you're willing to host a party."

Since you do jewelry, I would look for someone who is wearing some. Women like me (who don't own any) aren't going to really further your business any. But if you see a woman with a good amount or at least a good taste in jewelry, comment on it. Tell her you like it, as where she got it and offer to help her find some more she might like. Then give her your card and make sure you mention the back with the info about parties. It takes just 30 seconds and can end up getting you some great business!

Also remember to leave your info with servers, cashiers and any other women you deal with through your day. Even men can be great leads - because they have wives!

Good Luck

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:32 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• ive been selling avon and tupperware for years and where i live there is just no luck ..even though im the only one in the county..goodluck with it
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Whoever signed you up should be able to offer you plenty of suggestions on how to get your Direct Sales business off to a good start.
    The two companies I have been involved with recommended having a Grand Opening Party that you yourself host, invite your friends and family and ask them to host a party. That should start a chain of parties that you can continue to book off of.
    Patty_WAHM

Answer by Patty_WAHM at 11:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I sell Premier Designs Jewelry and At Home America. What I did was have a grand opening and ran ads in newspapers. I then get bookings from those and other parties that I do.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Congrats on your new biz. I have been selling Premier for 8 years now. I have created a group here on CM. Stop by and check out all my tips for bookings!!
    ~Shay
    Inspiring Mom’s to Work from Home!
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/InspiringWAHM
    jewelrylady98

Answer by jewelrylady98 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2009