the flu???

my daughter was sent home from school yesterday cause she has a fever...today we went to the cvs..she still has a fever of 100.1she is coughing.and seems achey.what is the criteria for taking her to the drs...its been so long...

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Health

• I would call and give the symptoms to the nurse and ask if she needs to be seen. Or let them know you want her to be seen. At least to rule out the flu or strep which is going around like wild fire this season.
    Boriquamom123

Answer by Boriquamom123 at 10:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Get some elderberry syrup The FDA criticized the manufacturer of Tamiflu for "overstatement" of claims of efficacy, since blind studies comparing it to a placebo only resulted in a 1.3 day difference. A study on Sambucol (Elderberry) found a 3-4 day difference in duration of symptoms.

When my daughter had H1N1 in May, her fever lasted about 3.5 days and never went over102.5

Answer by rkoloms at 12:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2009