How Can I Get My Son To Sleep Better At Night

My son is almost 2 yrs old and he wakes up about 3 or 4 times a night. He takes 1 good nap a day its for about 2hrs. Any adv to try to get im to sleep better at night would be really appreciative

thanks

APM12407

Asked by APM12407 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Lots of fresh air and running around outside. It may be time to cut out the nap.

Answer by Bmat at 10:40 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Well he runs around with our dog outside when we get home and that for about an hr hour and a half i thought that it would help but it seems to not help a lot of the time
    APM12407

Answer by APM12407 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• if he sleeps in the same room with you or in your bed its probably time to start moving him out and giving him his own room. have you asked your dr? he could have some kind of a breathing problem also. my son wakes up when his nose is stuffed.
    sheena2529

Answer by sheena2529 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• well he sleeps in his own room and he only comes in my bed when hes sick but he doesnt sound stuffy at night or anything he sounds normal but he doesnt sleep in my bed if he falls asleep in there i put him in his bed and he sleeps for a while but wakes up like 3 or 4 hrs later
    APM12407

Answer by APM12407 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• ok has this been going on always? its not a new issue?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I think he needs his own space...his own room away from you. Waking up throughout the night is very common for everyone...the trick for babies and toddlers is allowing them to self soothe themselves back to sleep. My daughter wakes up at least 3-4 times a night, cries, talks or screams for a minute and then goes right back to sleep on her own without any intervention from me. In fact, if I go into her room, I make the situation worse and it takes a good hour to get her to go back to sleep.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Okay, I don't see where it look like you're sharing a room, so I'm not sure why people are telling you he needs his own space. What does he do when he wakes? Is it a predictale time? How long until he falls back asleep? What kind of bedtime routine do you have?
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 1:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2009