If you saw a mom w/severe acne scars what would you think?

I have a friend that has severe acne scaring. She says that she is ugly and does not like going out in public. Sometimes ppl make comments (I have been witness to some ppl doing it).
What would you think of a mom w/acne scars if you saw her out shopping etc? Do you think less of her because of it?
My friend is a really good person and always dresses nice and takes good care of herself-I feel bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would think nothing of it. Really...absolutely nothing it wouldnt change how i felt about her at all, I wouldnt judge her or anything.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i wouldnt thinkk anything,i would propably talk to her becouse i talk to alot of epople at the store.they do have cream that can make them fade,its expensive though.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I would treat her the same.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 10:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I would probably only notice and think "wow, she probably had bad acne" that's too bad because people do judge based on apperance... people can be just plain mean.... ish..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• It is surprising that people would comment, poor lady. I would not pay any attention.

Answer by Bmat at 10:55 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't think anything of it. How sad. Maybe she can find a doctor who can help her.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:55 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Of course, I would notice it, but from my own experience with acne, I would probably feel bad for her, but wouldn't say anything about it. I know how acne can make someone feel....it lowers self-esteem..has she tried makeup that will cover it??
    kaeleighalexis

Answer by kaeleighalexis at 10:56 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I wouldnt care

some people associate deep acne scars with the usage of drugs like speed because ppl who use tend to pick their face and get severe acne. Maybe proactive or something like that will help her.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• OP here. My friend is not a drug user and she does not have acne anymore. God,I guess she really does have a reason to be embarrased. I had no idea that ppl actually think she is or was a druggie! Now I really feel bad for her. Is it fair for someone to be judged so much for something she had/has no control over. I won't push her to out anymore!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Id probably just wonder if it bothered her at all.

My husband has acne scarring but he's still handsome to me so why would I think ill about anyone(male or female) with the same issue?
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2009