Accepting responsibility vs finger pointing

First thing this morning, I come to work and my boss says that a printer didn't get his information to make copies. In response, I showed the multiple emails from my send box, including the attached photoprints. The printer (who's part time and freelance) has successfully received many emails from this one email that I used to send to him in the past. I'm sure that he forgot, but I hate it when people lie and point fingers to pass blame. To go on, once I showed the send emails from my sent history, my boss said that if five emails wasn't enough, I should have emailed more often until the printer responded.

How to fix these two situations (if they happen again)
1. lying and finger pointing ?
2. excessive criticizing that leads to finger pointing ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• well, the best solution I can think of for this specific instance would be to request/require that people confirm reciept of your e-mail, and/or call them to follow up and make sure they received it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:15 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Pick up the phone and confirm receipt if it's a rush order. People do still talk to each other live, right?
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2009