Like 5 or more positive HPT and 3 negative ones...

So, I usually take HPT from "Dollar General." They have always been accurate. I took one Sunday and there was a very, very faint 2nd blue line. Everyone I have taken from DG has had 2nd lines but they are very faint except for 2 and they have had darker lines. But I took a digital read out CBE test and it said negative, 2 Answer tests have been negative, and one from DG with pink ink has been negative. All the ones with pink ink have been negative and all the ones with blue ink have been positive...What do you guys think?

kaeleighalexis

Asked by kaeleighalexis at 10:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Save your money and get blood drawn instead, at least then it will be accurate
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• lol...yeah, because I have spent a whole lot of money on HPT since Sunday. I just hate being confused.
    kaeleighalexis

Answer by kaeleighalexis at 10:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• sometimes the tests show faint lines even when water is put on them
    if you can afford it i would buy some with pink and some with blue and run water over the stick and see if there is still a line

if there is then most likely it is negative for the faint lines you have
    if there isnt wait a week and test again or start your blood testing
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:59 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Or how about getting a digital one that says pregnant or not pregnant...then you don't have to worry about getting a 'faint' line or not.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I would just go to the doctors. I used to get false positives myself. but maybe it's not a false. Maybe it's true. Only way to know for sure is to go the doctors. Good luck!
    heatherb8924

Answer by heatherb8924 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• You may not have enough pregnancy hormones in your system yet and so some are showing up faint and others arent showing up at all.
    I'm 26 weeks pregnant and the day I was supposed to start m period I just knew I was pregnant...I got a $4 Equate test from WalMart and it gave a faint line, so I bought a Dollar General test and it said negative so the next day I bought a ClearBlue test from WalMart (you get two in the pack for $8) and they actually come up and say pregnant or not pregnant and that one said pregnant.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I have gotten a false positive on the dollar general blue dye tests before. I waited a little to long to read them and a line appeared. But this go around I used the same blue dye test and it showed up VERY dark right away. Wait a few days to test again. I hate testing early because of that reason. I would rather have a really dark line then a faint line. I dont think its worth going to the doc. for. Just wait like 3 days and take another one.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Yeah, I took two today and like within a minute of peeing on them a darker 2nd line appeared. I am still unsure. Are they (blue ink tests) more sensitive to hcg or what? I am just not understanding how I have seen a 2nd line on each blue ink test and only one line on the pink ink tests.
    kaeleighalexis

Answer by kaeleighalexis at 9:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2009