Book club suggestions!

Anyone know of any good holiday-themed books for a book club? I'm looking at A Paper Bag Christmas and The Last Noel right now... anyone read these books or have other suggestions?

LeanneC

Asked by LeanneC at 11:26 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Holidays

• Last year we read "A Christmas Sweater" .. I think by Glenn Beck (or some other conservative talker). I don't know if your Book Club is right leaning, mine is - except for me, so it made for some good discussion! BTW - helps to keep in mind that it's a fable, not a true story, even though it's marketed that way.
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 11:33 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I've read a christmas sweater. I don't know political standing, but I'm sure most are left-leaning because of our area. I kept getting confused as to if it was a true story or not... more like "based on true events". I'll pass on that one, thanks for the suggestion though!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:45 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I love Debbie Macomber novels, she's got a few good Christmas ones out.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I have read a lot of Christmas books and Richard Paul Evans has by far the best in the genre!!
    They're great for books clubs too because there is always a lot to talk about.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• The Cat who Came for Christmas is an excellent book. Nora Roberts has a bunch of Christmas books. Dave Barry has a good book called The Shepard, The Angel and Walter the Christmas Dog.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Great ideas on here! I just finished The Christmas Secret. It was pretty good- very, very predictable but good. She also wrote The Christmas Shoes.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:59 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I was going to suggest The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck as well. He is a conservative...but I don't know if the book actually reflects that. (It's been awhile.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2009