im getting realy pissed at this cat,bot to get rid of him

we had him for about 3 or 4 monthsnow, i moved the liter box becouse my lil one finaly was able to reach it,well he was using the bathroom on the floor where it used to be,but now he has been using it in the liter box and were it used to be. and i also jsut found he had shit in a bin in my lil girls room that toys goes in.thank god she didnt get to it befor me. what do i do,she realy loves this cat and he never scratches her or runs from her from day one.he runs and hisses at everyone else.he is a one person cat.i realy dont want to get rid of him.he also shits about 3 or more times a day.he is wormed and up to date on all shots

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 11:36 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pets

• Is your cat spayed/neutered? If not , get it done, asap. It will help tremendously (and should be done anyway).
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• make sure you clean the litter box everyday.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:38 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• when you are gone get a small kennel. and she will be fine i promise. and when i mean small i mean Just big enough for the cat to have room in not too big bc it will pee and poo everywhere just big enough for it to move a little. and everytime yall go out put kitty in it..OR possibly just try to teach it to only go on the bin. make sure all doors are closed at all times beside door to the liter box until he figures it out
    Butterflyluvn88

Answer by Butterflyluvn88 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Well thats yucky. Have you tried teaching him to go outside? or letting him outside at all? my cat has never used a litter box. he tells me when he has gotta go outside. I make sure before I leave h's gone out and when I come home he goes out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Put that thing outside.
    Anonymous

• Is the litter box in a high traffic area? Just like people cats really don't want an audience when they are going to the potty. Clean it out everyday, and rinse it with javex and hot water every week. When you catch him going, pick him/her up (yes in midstream or poop) and take the cat to the litter box.

DO NOT put him outside. Cats are NOT equipped to be left outside to fend for themselves. They are domesticated animals that can not withstand the cold or heat in extreme temperatures.

To those who put their cats outside shame on you. You are teaching your kids that instead of trying to find a solution to a problem its okay to dump it on something/someone else, nice parenting lesson.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 1:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2009