Is it normal for me to be turned off by guys after a break-up? Will this feeling ever go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it's completely normal. My last boyfriend really did a number on me, he treated me so badly and now I'm just so sickened by the thoughts of getting done that way again that I don't want anything serious to do with men. I am talking to a few different ones but I'm not sleeping with or really "dating" any of them. Take some time for yourself and see what's out there, try not to be shut off, but if someone comes along that's worth it, he will wait until you're ready. good luck!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• It's normal and it does go away. Concentrate on you. This might be hard since you have children or you wouldn't be on here. Just think of this time as time to focus on yourself and your children while you heal. {Hugs} It will get better.
    Anonymous

• Thank you so much... now I feel much better about feeling the way that I do right now. I guess my heart is still pretty fragile when it comes to guys and I just need more healing time.
    Anonymous