Does she hate her own kids?

My neighbor has 3 children, 12, 10, and 7 years old. She also takes care of her niece, full time. Niece is 2 yo. She comes home from work or the store or wherever. Her children run up to her and she yells, "get away from me you little ba****ds." Then she goes over to the playpen, picks up her niece and says," Give me some sugar, Honey. Did you miss me? Do you love me?"
This is the way it always is, with everything, the niece is extremely favored over her own, who she shouts at, calls names, cusses them out, thumps them on the top of the head if they are within reach.
She says terrible things about them, Like, "I wish they would fall under a bus and die" and they hear her say it.
If someone brings it up to her she will admit that she hates them, but says their dad loves them so they're okay.
Does this amount to any kind of reportable abuse, or is she just a terrible excuse for a mother? I feel so bad for the kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This is verbal and emotional abuse.

At very least to find out if it is a reportable thing or not, you can still call CPS. Your call will be anonymous, you don't have to give your name. Just ask about this particular situation and ask if there is anything you can do. If it is not severe enough for them they should at least be able to give you some advice.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I would report her! She is hitting her kids upside the head for no reason and i couldnt even imagine the emotional trama these kids are going through. Please help her kids. Call CPS!
    Anonymous