Anybody?

What on earth has happened to Morals, integrity and value's. Its seems all those things go out the door when it fits a Political /personal agenda. Or maybe they just were never there to begin with. Attacking a church for opposing its views on abortion and laws that will fund what they believe to be a sin., Is incredibly unbelievable. Where did things like value's and morals, integrity go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Morals, integrity and values are subjective to each individual, it means yours are no better than mine and the other way around. Church should have nothing to do with Govt., this is why there is a separation of church and state, which most seem to overlook, or disregard altogether.

Answer by older at 12:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• It goes back to choice. Everyone has the choice on what or how they are going to live and act in situations.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 12:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• it because people say "I'm not hurting anyone" but you are!!

We can bring it back by teaching our kids Morals, integrity and values'. I'm proud of my kids, they grow up with their friends that got aways with everything. Some are dead, doing drugs, mothers without husbands.
    I would talk to my kids and did tell them the truth about what would happen to their friends in the future if they kept going the way they where going.
    I also did talk to their friends, but they new that their parents did not care. Their parents would say I did the same thing and I'm okay. I saw some of these parents they where not Okay.
    You need VALUE'S. like it or not.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Morals, integrity and values are subjective to each individual, it means yours are no better than mine and the other way around.

I agree with this part of Older's comment, however I feel that any church should have the right to speak out about what they stand for and support. Their congregation will each go into the voting booth and vote what they feel, not necessarily what their church stands by. I think we need to give more credit to the individual. Morals and Values cannot be legislated.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Good observation OP. My husband and I were sort of discussing this last night in relationship to the economy and "health care" crisis. It speaks poorly of our nation that the citizens of it sees the programs as a way to make money illegally, on the backs of the rest of us, and justify it by saying things like it's just government money, and they expect you to take it. It's not stealing if it is from the government or how will the government ever know. Well, medicare/medicaid and soc. sec. makes up more of the budget than defense. When you have huge graft and fraud, it does effect the ability for this country to achieve high standards because one segment of the population are thugs, thieves, and immoral.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

No where did I say my morals, value's and integrity is better than someone else's. I said WHERE HAVE THEY GONE? And this coming from a person who obviously thinks Jennings is okay to teach school children homosexuality speaks volumes of your morals, integrity and value's.
    The fact that your judgement is clouded to gay rights and such agenda, no wonder you would side with cencoring a church's right to protest a unmoral bill being passed into law.
    Anonymous

• Church should have nothing to do with Govt., this is why there is a separation of church and state, which most seem to overlook, or disregard altogether.

This has nothing to do with either. This is about a church standing up for its beliefs system and passing information to its congregation. It has a right, Just as YOU have the right to preach equal rights for gays. The church isn't trying to legistrate anything, Its a matter of distrub info.
    Anonymous

• I love the First admendment .. Free Speech.
    Anonymous

• Church should have nothing to do with Govt., this is why there is a separation of church and state, which most seem to overlook, or disregard altogether

Wrong!! Gov't should have nothing to do with promotion of one religion over another. That in no way means a church cannot promote their own beliefs in the political arena.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2009