Religious movies?

Are there any movies that have fulfilled or inspired you spiritually or you have enjoyed because it portrayed your religion well, that others might like to watch?

nysa00

Asked by nysa00 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I recommend the documentary by Disney called Sacred Planet to all Pagans.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Facing the Giants, One night with the King and The Passion of Christ all three had a huge impact on my life.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• The Passion of the Christ was profound for me.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Made by my church: "Finding Faith in Christ."

Made by Hollywood: "The Other Side of Heaven."
    Anonymous

• Religulous *winkwink* Honestly, I think the Passion of the Christ is one of the most moving "religious" films out there. I was a Christian when it was in theaters, and I was bawling right along with everyone else in the theater. Now I see it as a good story, but it doesn't hold any religious significance to me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Don't really watch religious films.But I did like Dogma. LOL But I guess to answer the question directly No.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Ive been spiritually moved by many but wouldnt say they were religious in nature.

I only saw the last 1/2 hr of Passion of the Christ and it was moving.

There is an LDS movie that most wont see unless they went to a LDS store that sold it but its very moving and even today as a non-christian I think highly of it. Its called...Together Forever and its great about families.

There is also good ole Johnny Lingo which is an awesome and fun movie about the worth of a person.

I also found some nice spiritual uplift from DaVinci Code.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• There is also good ole Johnny Lingo which is an awesome and fun movie about the worth of a person.

^^ the Proud Family has an episode about Johnny Lovely based off the same concept. Very cute to get kids into stuff like that.

I can't really say any movie has religiously moved me. There's movies I think people should watch that are religious based but that's really about all. I think most of them have been mentioned.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Faith Like Potatos, is to me one of the BEST movies out there.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 3:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I ENJOYED PRINCE OF EGYPT. IM JEWISH AND THE BOOK THAT THE MOVIE DEPICTED IS MY FAVORITE TO LEARN AND I JUST LOVE IT! LOL.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 7:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2009