Errupted Wisdom Teeth anyone? My 21yo has 4 errupted wisdom teeth with

(URGGGGGGHHHHHH *#92#$&*@(#*$(@ cavities in them). When errupted wisdom teeth are removed is that less painful recovery than when impacted wisdom teeth are removed? She had gum surgery several years ago and had a very tough physical time recovering - we dread similar lengthy recovery for her.
Anyone ever have errupted wisdom teeth removed?

lfl

Asked by lfl at 12:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Health

• For me I had all my wisdom teeh impacted and the surgery was more difficult then if all of my wisdom teeth came out. I had the surgery and they had to dig all of them out. I had dry socket from all the digging they had to do. So I think the erupted ones would be so much easier then the wisdom teeth that are impacted to deal with.
    Paige42986

Answer by Paige42986 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I had an erupted wisdom tooth removed and it was much less painful than I was led to believe it would be. Maybe the other people I talked to had impacted teeth. Honestly, I was in more discomfort in my jaw, from holding it open so long, than I was the actual tooth.

I took regular Tylenol for the pain rather than the prescribed Vicodin. I took one Vicodin and passed out for 8 hours cold. So after that wore off, I just went with Tylenol, it killed the pain and didn't knock me out.
    Anonymous