third trimester sleep deprivation

I cannot sleep! I'm 30 weeks and it seems like at night I am awake way more than I am asleep. Even if I find a comfy way to snuggle down in bed, I'm still up all night. Any suggestions on how to deal with it? Or even a way to make it better?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• tylenol pm
    Anonymous

• I think it's your body's way of getting you ready for the lack of sleep you'll get after the baby comes. I would try Tylenol PM too. And if anything else, at least enjoy the peace and quiet.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I took Tylenol PM once I was past the 30 wk mark, but yes, I think it's normal.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• try having a fan in the room. nice, cool, fresh air helps me sleep through the night. i'm 36w pregnant and trust me it helps. don't drink anything before you go to bed, less likely to wake up in the middle of the night and i wouldnt use any pills while pregnant if you don't have to!
    Anonymous

• It is natures way of getting you ready for when the baby gets here, if its not the sleep issue, its the bladder issue waking you up every 2-3 hours.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2009