the thought of being raped turns me on?

am i weird. idk why it does, obviously i never was or it wouldn't do that to me. but my mom was molested/raped as a kid and she had these books that told stories of other peoples abuse and i used to read it when i was a teen and it would turn me on to the point i would masturbate, i mean im not a sick person or anything, but idk i guess being helpless turns me on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Believe it or not being raped is a very common fantasy (according to my Psychology class). its not so much the rape part (since rape is terrible) but it being in the submissive position...being dominated over.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I find this extremely disturbing. And think of anyone who has been, how they would feel while reading this post. Wow.
    presleyfan1

Answer by presleyfan1 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I have heard of this and I think it's very strange.
    Anonymous

• op get some counselling to work through your infatuation with rape. It's important that your kids grow up believing that rape is illegal and bad not that rape is a fun sex game.

Your childhood having been overrun with physical attacks needs to be addressed so your kids believe the safest way to be is to not be raped and to not rape.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Uhhhhhh really weird..
    Yeah, I think you just like being controlled rather than in control.
    Anonymous

• Actually, my husband and I play games in the bedroom sort of like that, where he ties me up with soft rope, cuffs me hand and foot with fleece-lined cuffs, blindfolds me, or gags me with a ball gag. (The gag is going to have to be replaced, because it tastes nasty--ick!) All of these supplies are easily available, and we have a "safe" word, if I am genuinely in distress, or in the case of the gag, a safe gesture, and he'll turn me loose immediately. Believe it or not, these games really turn me on. (Him, too.) I wouldn't sit still for the tying up if I didn't like it--the preparations do take a while, but it's worth it. From what I gather, a lot of guys like this scenario as well. Why not ask your SO if he is one of them?
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 12:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Um wow OP... I am the same way so you are not alone... It really has nothing to do with being beat up or killed... Carolyn hit it on the spot.
    Anonymous

• Wow people judgmental much? It is a common fantasy for women and couples play it out. They have "safety" words, since "stop" and "no" is included in these role plays couples use safety words like "chill" or something like that. Like another poster said, it's not so much as the "rape" as just being dominated.
    Oh btw, I was raped when I was 17, however I have grown up, formed into an adult who is able to understand other people's feelings and desires without taking offense.
    Anonymous

• I really think you need to seek some help. This is very, very abnormal thinking and cannot in any way be made to fit into what marital love is all about. What is most troubling about this is that you are very likely taking unnecessary risks or sending signals to those who would be only too happy to fulfill your fantasy. Then you will be in even more serious trouble than you are now. Get some help!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• just curious - those moms who play the domination rape games in a safe loving relationship of marriage or with a significant other - what words do you use in talking with your kids and teaching them of safe touch and their selfrespect as they grow and date? Date violence among teens of all ages is pretty high and so is sexual offender violence extremely high against little girls and teens. What words do you use to tell them what safe sex is more than just that it's about choosing a best time for pregnancy?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2009