How long did it take for your kid/s to potty train?

My Son (almost 29 months old) started potty training Oct 23rd using the method I created and was wearing underwear from the beginning. He had one accident on Day 1, stayed dry during naptime and bedtime that night. He woke up from naptime on Day 2 a little wet and had 2 accidents that day. Day 3, NO accidents, stayed dry during sleeptimes. Day 4, one accident in the morning, stayed dry during sleeptimes..and since then, NO accidents and STILL doesn't wake up wet! So in less than 4 days, my Big Boy became a Potty Training Graduate! He even went pee without me going with today..He's growing up so fast!

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 12:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It took a good month. We thought we had her trained then she regressed for about a week so we basically had to start over. She is fully trained now and never has any accidents at 2 1/2.
    coppersoul

Answer by coppersoul at 1:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I started my dd way too early, so it took over year. I started my son when he was ready and it took about 2 weeks.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Oh, I forgot to mention..on Day 3 my Son showed interest in "peeing like Daddie"..so He has peed standing up every time since.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 12:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Good for him, Pnukey! I've heard girls are harder to train than boys..but no one really knows, it's up to the kid. Right? =D
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 12:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• It took us from 18 to 48 months. She was reading and tying her shoes before she was completely out of diapers.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I waited until all of mine were 3. It took 3 days until they were completely dry.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My son is 3 and refuses to use the potty, we have done everything to try to get him to go, but no luck
    Juicy_Mom_of_2

Answer by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2009