What are some good inexpensive items to put in a Christmas Exchange box??

I am participating in a Christmas Exchange and I am looking for ideas to put in a box to send out. The total, which includes shipping shouldnt be more then $20. This person also has a 6, 4 and 3 month old. I want it to be a good one but I don't have alot of money so ANY suggestions would be awesome.

P.S. ALL items must be new!

POST AWAY ALL YOUR IDEAS PLZ

CouponingMoM

Asked by CouponingMoM at 12:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Holidays

• I just wrote two journal posts on inexpensive gift ideas. One journal on my page is presents under $2!!! The other is gift sets under $15. Ideas for kids, adults and men!
    On my site www.youravon.com/dhullum you get free shipping with no minimum purchase using coupon code FSANY at checkout! Hope that helps!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• How about some coloring books and crayons for the older kids? A little stuffed animal for the baby. Or are you wanting to get something for the whole family? If you want a family gift maybe something like a Hickory Farms gift pack or something with teas and coffees? If you are wanting something for each of them including Mom and Dad, maybe some nice Christmas oraments. Or you could get a Christmas oranament for each member of the family. Or make up a basket with something for each of them, dollar store is good for that.
    Anonymous

• Do you all think stuff from the Dollar Tree would be tacky? Or even the Family Dollar or Dollar General?
    CouponingMoM

Answer by CouponingMoM at 3:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• No I don't think things from the Dollar store would be tacky if you watch what you buy. I've also heard Target and Walmart have some less expensive things just for the holidays.
    Anonymous

• A gift for the whole family -- maybe a Disney family movie and some popcorn or gift certificates to a local pizza shop and local movie rental (shipping would be just a stamp)

For individual gifts--- At a limit of $20 including shipping, I don't think most people are expecting crowns and jewels... So I say look at the dollar stores, even $ Bins at Walmart, Target, or even local grocery stores... Also check Big Lots.. they often have many things fairly cheap.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 10:50 AM on Nov. 4, 2009