What to do about my little eating machine?

So I have a random question, Its about my son! It seems like hes always hungry. He always wants to be eating. Sometimes I feel like maybe I'm feeding him too much but if I tell him No more food, he just starts crying and points to the fridge or comes screaming to me pulling me towards the kitchen. & of course I'll give in and give him something because I don't want to starve my child! But he just seems to want to eat all the time! Not sure if thats a bad thing or a good thing. Hes 17 months, he'll be turning 18 months on the 20th, hes tall for his age but not over weight.. Does anyone know what this could be? Or any advice or anything?

KmaRie052008

Asked by KmaRie052008 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I thnk its ok. He's not over weight. Does he eat alot or just eats small portions. If he is eating smaller portions that's prob why he is hungry. also if he is off the bottle and not drinking tons of milk that could be the cause. I think its good. most kids this age dont want to eat.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Make sure that he is drinking water and eating healthy foods.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• LOL He's a growing kid. He'll be fine.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Thank you guys!! & yeah he doesn't drink any milk, he doesn't like it!! & he never was on a bottle .. i breast fed he hated bottles only used once maybe once or twice!! But i stopped breast feeding about 2 months ago and now hes like a eating machine!! & sometimes he'll eat a little but he usually eats a lot of food!! & he drinks A lot of water, he loves the stuff!! Eats a lot of fruit too!!
    KmaRie052008

Answer by KmaRie052008 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My son is the same way. He eats all day . He love fruit. He can eat a hole box of blueberry or blackberry in one day. The worst part is that my mom say he is to thin.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Some of it is control at this age too...they've figured out how to tell you what they want and fully expect to get it. =) Go with the flow. Just only offer healthy choices and he'll be fine. Until recently, mine has been on a fairly regimented eating schedule but as of late, she has decided to take a more active role in what and when she eats...it seems like she eats all day now. =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Yes, they go through growing spurts etc and I used to say that my daughter was part bird part cow because she ate like a bird (small portions) but grazed all day (like a cow). People tried to encourage me to get her to eat more at a time but it seemed to work for her and it was ok for me as long as I kept small, healthy, easy foods on hand at all times. It drove me crazy at times but she did outgrow it! As a mama, you know what is best and it sounds like your boy is lucky to have you so keep up the good work and keep those snacks coming!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• that's a good thing. My son is totally uninterested in eating - I think he feels it takes too much time to eat or makes him mad that he would actually have to sit down for 4 minutes haha... I am constantly chasing him with food cause he's so tiny.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2009