Am I a bad mom because I feed my daughter mcdonalds or other fast food every night?

I am on the go 24/7 and I have no time to cook plus I don't have a man so I have no help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not bad, not ignorant, not stupid or anything else. You are a busy mom. NO mother is perfect and those that are bashing you need to realize that. I have been where you are, my son has baseball and bowling from April to October and we eat fast food atleast 3 times a week, if not more. When you are running from work, to school, to pratice, to games, etc. sometimes there isn't the option on cooking at home. There are weeks that I can't even get to the grocery store to get food, let alone cook it. There are HEALTHY options at fast food restaurants too. You can still discuss the day with them, sit down for meals too. For those that are basing you, ignore them. Atleast you are feeding them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I think your lazy!
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• You need to get out of that habit. It's not healthy and it's expensive. Of course you are not a bad mom.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• watch the docu. "super size me" its online or $5 at wal-mart. that movie will make u never want fast food again! it is so so so so so un healthy!
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 1:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• If this is the only negative thing you do, than no..this does not make you a bad mom. However, I don't think you understand the severity of your actions. Fast food is setting your DD up for a lifetime of health problems, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart attack, obesity, diabetes, no only that but you are turning her insides into pure fat.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• No bad, just ignorant.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• You are doing your daughter a terrible dis-service. You need to be teaching her good nutrition and eating habits.

Are you a bad mom? I don't know. That's not enough information to form that kind of opinion. Do you take her to McDonald's because you just don't want to cook, or are you a single mom, working hard, dropping her off at daycare and picking her up again, running around like a chicken with your head cut-off and just too darn tired and it's too late at night to go home and cook? Everything is circumstantial. But you could try doing some Subway and less McDonald's.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't say you were a bad mom, just need to plan a little in advance. Have you checked out cooking and freezing meals ahead of time? Or using a crockpot? The time you take to drive to the restaurant, swing into the drive thru or go inside, you could have a quick meal put together. Home cooked meals are SO much better for you and your LO.
    blg119

Answer by blg119 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Ok... what is something quick and fast that I could try making for dinner?

OP
    Anonymous

• Sorry ,I didn't mean to sound blunt.... your not a bad mother. There are easy fast meals to cook for your child. Fast food is awful to feed your child every single day. Cook healthy meals for your childs health.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2009