How soon did you get into the dr?

I'm pregnant with my 2nd. i went to the health dept. got test and they gave me a due date of June 16th i am almost 8wks. I have applied for medical card since i am not married and no insurance. i called the dr and i do not get in till Dec. 7th. i feel thats too far away. Anyone had to wait a bit before getting to see the dr? just wondering.

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That's a little far out, but if your first pregnancy was uncomplicated there should be no reason to really "NEED" to see a doc before the start of second trimester. Congrats. :)
    Anonymous

• I was around 12 weeks with both of mine when I went in the first time. I called when I found out I was pregnant and they said that they usually see people at 12 weeks but if anything happens or if I wanted to be seen earlier they would be happy to see me.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i was 8 weeks when i first got my appt and ultrasound, i did get an ultrasound at a pregnancy resource place at 6 weeks
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 1:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My Dr doesn't want to see me till I am 10 weeks and the wait is killing me. I hate not knowing if this viable pregnancy or not.
    Anonymous

• I was about 6-7 weeks when I applied for Medicaid and I wanted to use the same Dr I used with my last pregnancy bc I liked her and didn't want to use the whack job Dr's in my town so I had to wait til I was 15 weeks for my first appt bc my Dr was so booked up. I didn't have any complications with my first and I hadn't had an problems so far in this pregnancy so it didn't bother me to wait a little longer since I was getting to use the Dr I wanted.
    As long as everything seems "normal" and your not having any serious cramping or any bleeding or anything else that would cause concern then I wouldn't worry too much.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• It depends on the MD. With the first office I was seeing, they wouldn't see you until 8 weeks at the earliest and that was only if there was problems. They preferred to wait until 10-12 weeks. They wouldn't even see me when I had a miscarraige because it was before 8 weeks. Obviously, I have switched practices. My current doc sees you right away. But, I do have friends that aren't seen until 8-10 weeks so it is not unusual.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 7:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• congrats sweetie.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 3:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2009