How do I know if my English Bulldog is pregnant?

First off I dont want anyone to lecture me about it cause that always seems to be what people want to do.

My female is a lot bigger than my male bulldog and I am pretty sure I wasnt able to keep them apart well enough while she was in heat and now her nipples are hanging really low and she is a bit calmer than before. I dont know what signs to look for but yes I am taking her to the vet but I just wanted your opinions (positive hopefully) before I take her in. I want to make sure I am doing everything correctly with her and I am well aware that she will need a c section and we are prepared for that. Just want to know what I should look for if there are certain signs. This will be her first litter.

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pets

• The best thing you can do is get her to the vet and sooner rather than later. Bulldogs have notoriously difficult births. Other signs to look for are nesting, much like humans dogs will start getting antsy around the time she is due,.

If she is pregnant, start feeding her a high quality puppy food. (NOT puppy chow, Ol "roy or anything similar) She needs the extra fat and protien in the food to prepare her body for the birth.

Please fix her when she is finished with the litter. There are far too many unwanted dogs and cats in shelters already. Please don't say you know about these things because if you needed to ask, you weren't prepared.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 1:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2009