I just wanted to thank cafemom for having the anon button... Has this button ever saved you?

I felt like cutting myself because things have been so bad for me lately and I use to cut myself in high school. I got so much support from moms on here, that the thought of cutting myself went away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it's fair to people like you that we have grown women on here who abuse the anon button. There's women with legitimate problems who choose to be anon because something is bothering them and they just want to not be known. Too many people just use the anon to cause trouble...not fair at all.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I think the anon button is fantastic in certain situations so that mothers can reach out and get help for things that they are ashamed or embarressed about. And way to go on finding the support you needed! But I also think that the anon button is way overused and can often be used to abuse people instead of an avenue for help.

I've used it only rarely, and I am thankful that I had the oppertunity to use it when I did!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Cafemom would make me want to cut myself actually...
    Anonymous

• I don't abuse the button. Sometimes people want to cause trouble, yes, but that's not why I use it. Sometimes the questions we have are humiliating and we just don't want everyone to know who we are. I think on occasions like that, the people answering should back off and not be so offended that someone posted anonymously. Its definitely nice to have the option.
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I think the ANON button IS overused by the ignorant ones on here just wanting to start trouble.

People have problems, it is part of life and to bash some one for their beliefs, or issues they are having and reaching out to ask for advice is so immature.

ALOT of kids have joined these sites, just to post ridiculous, and hurtful comments.......I see it like this......one day they will need the advice and god help them if they need it in reality offline....as one day if they act like this off-line.......no one will be there. I wouldn't be if they acted like that in reality and those whom HAVE friends more then likely birds of a feather flock together and they're so lame brained....they cannot tell the difference!

And YEP! I m using the ANON button......grow up kids........be helpful to Moms on here..get a conscious cause life might just knock it out of ya! The HARD way!

Take good care ORIGINAL poster!
    Anonymous

• i try to not do the anon when answering questions unless i ask a question, you just dont want someone saying something mean on your mail or page, you kind of just want to leave it in the answers part
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I'm glad you overcame your problem without feeling like you had to hurt yourself. Keep up the good work!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2009