how old is too old for a little boy to shower with his mom?

i have a 3 year old boy and he occasionally takes showers with me. before he turned 2 he asked me why i didnt have a penis and i told him that girls dont have them, only boys do and that was that. he doesnt pay any mind to me anymore. i was just wondering what you all think is too old for a little boy to be in the shower with his mom??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son is 4 and I would still shower with him. You'll know when it's time, he'll start making comments.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• id say 5-6 is too old
    Anonymous

• um so if i let my 3year old daughter take a shower with her dad is that ok? umm prob NOT. I would stop at 2. My daughter has the same parts as me and if i miss a shave and she see's me she says something like.. why do you have a mustach!! things like that.

I guess if your son doesnt say anything then its ok. I wouldnt pers do it.

Shower is the only 5 minutes i get to myself. I shave my legs often just for more time!
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 1:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I quit taking showers with my son when he was around 2 1/2 because he started poking and pointing. He's 4 now and the only time I have showered with him has been times i've been in a complete hurry and we both needed a shower.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 1:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i originally thought 3, but were halfway through 3 and we still shower together sometimes
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 1:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My son is 3 and I still throw him in the shower with me from time to time if we are in a hurry and he needs cleaned up.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Mrs.Oriaku
    My daughter still showered with my husband at 3. I think that's fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Mrs.Oriaku...
    I do not mean any disrespect by this comment but are you ok? You use to always be polite and offer really helpful opinions but the past few days I've read a few of your responses and you seem to be bit*hy. Just wanted to make sure you are ok. Again, I mean no disrespect.
    Anonymous

• My son is 3, he hasn't noticed things like that yet (surprising as observant as he is) he still thinks I have a penis or thinks I look like him. But when he starts noticing otherwise, I would definitely stop. I haven't showered with him in a while but he walks in on me getting dress, I say "Can I have privacy please?"
    Anonymous

• I think I probably stopped taking showers with my son when he turned 2 and it was no longer really convenient. Every now and then he'll take one with my hubby. He still runs into the bathroom while I'm in the shower or getting dressed, but I've started insisting on a little more privacy. The expression on his face was priceless one morning when I was drying off and he ran into the bathroom and got all upset because he thought I'd lost my "wee wee."
    Anonymous