How long after a vaginal birth does sex hurt?

I had my daughter 4 months ago, and sex is still really painfull

Juicy_Mom_of_2

Asked by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• about 5 1/2 months i had an episiotomy it was tender for a long time, i dreaded sex, now im back to normal lol
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 1:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• my son just turned six months and its FINALLY starting to stop being painful.
    there's still a tiny bit of pain, but it's not horrible anymore.
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 1:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Well it was awhile for me, from where I was cut, it hurt a lot, not to freak you out or anything, lol. but it really was awhile, probaly about 6-7 months before it finally quit hurting completely. GL
    Anonymous

• it only took about three to four weeks for me
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• With my last it was finally back to normal around 5 months postpartum and I had a small tear.
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 2:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i had a little discomfort at six weeks, but no real pain. See your doctor. Some doctors do what is obnoxiously called a honeymoon stitch to tighten the vagina; while it might feel good to your partner, it can be quite painful for women.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2009