Plan B Pill

Is it normal to have some spotting a few days after taking an emergency contraceptive pill?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think so. Did any papers come with it? It did for mine. Call the doctors to make sure.
    heatherb8924

Answer by heatherb8924 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Yeah I read the booklet but it didn't say anything about spotting.
    Anonymous

• Yes. I had some light spotting about 2-3 days after I finished the plan B pack and then my period came about a week earlier than it should have. The next month everything went right back to normal.
    Anonymous

• Yes. In some women it can cause spotting. Some will have their periods right away. Most will have their periods early. When you have your period, make sure to eat plenty of raw foods and drink a ton of water. sometimes that surge of hormones can be hard on your body.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• You mean the emergency abortion pill. Why are u posting this in pregnancy!?!?!
    Anonymous

• The emergency contraceptive pill is not an abortion pill for those who are too ignorant to know otherwise. It doesn't kill anything. It's not more of an abortion than regualr birth control. Which category do you suggest might be a better fit?
    Anonymous