HELP ME!!! Brownie craft needed

We have a Brownie meeting wed nov 11th. The girls are 2nd grade and I can not do anything that involves cooking or hot glue guns. We have about 10 girls and need to make a craft to sell at a holiday bazaar (non-religious)... we need about 100 items.

We have funds to buy materials to make the craft.

Ideas??????

sahlady

Asked by sahlady at 1:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I just taught my girls how to make friendship bracelets. Some were better than others..if they practiced they could make them to sell but some of my girls were sloppy. I had half make really neat ones.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Oh here is something my dd got as a gift and I LOVE IT!! Its a bookmark and I use it all the time it is my favorite!

Take a ribbon about 3/4 of an inch wide and cut it around 9inches long. Teh one she made is modern cute..bright pink, white and Navy ribbon (not satin, but kinda ridged and thick) They glued on a big Navy button, then on top of that a smaller white button then a smaller pink button. The buttons hang out the top of the book. Ill lokk for an examle online and you could do a variety of ribbons!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• LOVE LOVE LOVE the book mark idea. I could get med. weight paper, pre cut the size, get TONS of stickers and scrap-booking items. We could have the girls go NUTS making them and then i can laminate them later.

AND.... I will have them braid thread to make the tail of the book mark.

So I can use BOTH your ideas!!!!

keep the ideas coming!!!
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Decorate flip flops. Flip flops are about $1.50/pair. Might add up though.
    Buy clear plastic ornaments and fill with glitter or fake sno and tie ribbon. Or buy yellow curly ribbon, attach to plastic ornament and make angel face.
    Tissue pom poms Marthat Stewart.com, these are cute.
    Look up paper crafts, like stars for a Christmas tree or paper flowers.

I like the book mark idea...maybe you can find some letters and make personalized ones, I mean just a capitol letter. GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Ok just thinking about this post made me remember something from when I took my dd to library a few years back....google 3D papaer snowflake, its very pretty and you dont have to make them THAT big and you can do it with all sorts of pretty patterned paper.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• You can make angels. Take a white square of light weight fabric and cut about 9 inch with pinking shears. Put a round ball in the middle and tie yarn around the neck. Then bring the ends in and tie with yarn again. You can use fabric glue to put a flower, candy cane, etc on the hands and use small garland around head for the halo. Leave face blank.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• http://familycrafts.about.com/od/snowpeople/ss/buttonsnowman.htm
    Hi my name is Angela and I work for the Girl Scouts of New Mexico Trails here in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Here is a cute ButtonSnowman project that might sell well. I am sending you the link for the project. Let me know how it does if you decide if you are going to use it. It seems pretty simple. If you need more Ideas, write me and let me know. Good luck, and have fun.
    GetGoing

Answer by GetGoing at 3:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• In a pinch one year with my daughter's troop, I grabbed some thanksgivingish mugs, styrofoam balls and some fake fall flowers and made small flower arrangements for the table. Also added a little sign with a scrawcrow that said happy thanksgiving.
    Patty_WAHM

Answer by Patty_WAHM at 10:55 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Go to makingfriends.com, they have a portion of their site for scouting activities.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 4:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2009