crib/bed by window?

this might seem like an odd question, but I was thinking about rearranging my sons room, juuuust a thought, but the only other place to move either his crib or is toddler bed to, would be the wall with the window...is that NOT a safe location?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If the bed is on the same wall but not in front of the window, I see no problems. My son's bed is next to a window. I would be careful of the items others pointed out. I specifically did not put up curtains on the sides, just across the top, and the cords for the blinds are short. Our house is well insulated so we don't have draft issues.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I don't think so. just becuz of drafts or what if's..
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 2:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• When my twins were babies their beds were on a wall on either side of the window. When they were about 18 mo old, one flipped out of bed and hit the side of his head (by his eye) on the corner of the windowsill. He's 11 now and still has the scar.
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 2:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I'd be worried about my kids pulling the curtains down or trying to climb up them.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 2:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• You could make it safe I guess. Get window locks and make sure any strings that may be on the blinds are either removed or positioned where they couldn't be reached. As far as a draft, again this would depend on your particular windows and how the bed/crib is placed by them, it may or may not be a problem. If your gut is telling you it isn't safe though, maybe you should listen to your gut.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I would ensure that the blinds are kid proof, the window is sealed well and has safety locks on it. Then go for it. My daughter was in front of her for a while, until she discovered that the blinds were a great toy. Then I moved her.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• On the same wall as the window should be fine unless your windows are extremely drafty, but right in front of the window I wouldn't do.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2009