Need advise for kids

I have a 3 and 5 year old girls and they are getting their thonsels and abnoids out Wednesday 7:30am any advise since my kids like to drink during the night and when they wake up ?

Tdaycare6678

Asked by Tdaycare6678 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just dont give them anything.
    They do that in case the anesthesia makes them sick.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 2:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I have a baby brother that had that done a couple years ago, when he was 4, i told him that he had a duck in there, and he couldn't drink anything so in the morning the duck would want to come out. then i bought him a stuffed duck for when he woke up, it worked out for us. might be worth a shot lol :)
    kclrcl05

Answer by kclrcl05 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My daughter had surgery when she was 3.5 years old on her eyes. We feed her a big dinner and let her have a snack just before she wasn't supposed to eat any more. We told her that she couldn't eat or dink any more until after her surgery. We didn't eat or drink either so when she complained of being hungry we said we were too, but that we would get something to eat after. At the hospital there was a huge play room since it was a children's hospital. There were no drinking fountains but tons of toys, so she was completely distracted while we waited. So it wasn't really an issue. She could only eat crackers for the first few hours by the next day she was eating like usual. If I remember right water was fine to drink until the last 6-8 hours before.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• NOTHING after midnight. After, I recommend luke warm beverages, usually clear. Stay away from anything red or purple. Popsicles, ice cream, pudding, jello, mashed potatoes. The hospital will tell you what they can and cannot eat. FOLLOW whatever orders the hospital or doctor gave you. If you have questions, call the hospital or doctor and verify all info with them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2009