Despite poor health care, why are many Americans wreckless with their health?

Premature Births Worsen Infant Death Rate - About 1 In 8 US Births Premature

Part of our children and our health is our responsibility. Despite poor health care (and even with health insurance), why are we smoking and overweight during pregnancy? Do many Americans not take pregnancy seriously?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Health

• Many Americans are stupid

Answer by rkoloms at 2:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• We want what we want NOW, and want everything handed to us, especially our self-gratification. We want to eat crap all day, get drunk, smoke cigs, but we also want free health care. How does this make sense? If you didn't eat crap all day, get drunk/smoke cigs, you wouldn't be going to the dr that often and omg maybe you could afford it!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Many people world wide are stupid. Questions like this are stupid. Let's all see if we can get pissed over a few people doing something unhealthy.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• SusieD250,

Instead of bashing, why don't you read the statistics in the article? It's based on averages.
    Anonymous

• What is the point though of this? I am not simply bashing, I am stating a point. This is based upon you feeling you have the right to tell people what to do with thier bodies. Legally in this country women have the right to choose to dispose of thier children. HOWEVER, you are taking away the freedom of choice by stating they should not smoke. Excuse me but it is ok to have an abortion but not ok to smoke? Why? What is the purpose of this question, truely, except to attack women who smoke while pregnant?
    If I want to abort my child I can. But it isn't ok for me to smoke. What a wierd world
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:03 AM on Nov. 4, 2009